Pages

09 July 2012

Stitching and Stash

I am in Virginia visiting my friends.  I came here straight from Tulsa, OK.  I will tell you about my trip in the next post when I get home.  I did have a good time in Colorado Springs and got to meet a couple new stitchers.  In Tulsa, I saw my nephew and he has grown so much.  He is now 5 feet, 8 inches and wears a size 12 shoe.  When I told my sister, she texted me "Holy crap!", lol.
I finished LHN Chocolate Shoppe the other day.  There is one mistake but I am keeping it in.  The side bars are one stitch short and if you notice, the bottom of the 'p's' are touching the cross stitched line,and there is suppose to be a space.  Since it is for me, I am leaving it in.  It was stitched on Sassy Fabbys Sugared Cream 28 count lugana.  I think I will be framing it and put in my kitchen.


This is my fourth visit to Newport News and I finally got a chance to go toVirginia Beach, the home of Dyeing To Stitch.  It is about an hour away.  I took a picture of my new stash I got at Dyeing To Stitch and I spend $54  in the store.  The blue fabric is for Lizzie Kate 6 Fat Men, which is going towards to a RR I just joined.  I have to put the boarders on before I send it, but I have a few weeks.  The white fabric is for Big Toe Designs Hope building block.  I got the pattern at my retreat and plan to stitch it for my aunt.  I just found out recently "Hope" is her word.  It will make a great Christmas gift. The threads is for the pattern. Crescent colors Sugar&Spice (the main color) and Plum Paisley.

We had went for breakfast before heading to Virginia Beach and were talking about cheesecakes.  I said you have to try mine.  We end up going to Walmart first because we were too early for the LNS.  I picked up a spring form pan and called my aunt to send me the recipe.  I baked the cake and had it sit in the refridge over night.  Here is a picture of the beautiful cake.  It came out very yummy.  It sure does not help my diet. Which reminds me, I had went to get weigh in the other day at Weight Watchers and I lost another 6 pounds.  I was so surprise because I really thought I might have gained.  I am one pound away from my 5% weight loss. I haven't been walking because it has been so hot, in the triple digits and humid.

I am now stitching CCN Star Spangled Garden.  This is my progress so far as of today.  I changed the blue and the red threads to DMC 312 and 498.  The Crescent Colors I got did not go very well with the fabric I am using.  There is already a mistake but I am fudging it. I can't seem to count correctly lately.

The following pictures are the new stash I got at my retreat:





I hope you are trying to stay cool.  I will be home on July 19.  My next post will be shortly after that. 

Hugs, Vicky

13 comments:

Meari said...

Nice stashing, Vicky. That cheesecake does look good. Would you mind sharing the recipe?

Christina G said...

I won't encourage any of this sort of behavior (LOL). I just love the Star Spangled Garden.

Joyce Clark Frank said...

I love cheescake and your's look so good. Good haul of stash there.
Your completed stitching is great.
Never mind the little mistakes as they make it an original of yours.

Unknown said...

love your chocolate sign of the cross stitching, you got some great stash

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That is alot of stash. Sounds like you are having a great time on your trip. Take it easy with that heat. Congrats on the finish!!! I think it turned out great. If you didn't tell where you made a mistake I don't think anyone would have noticed.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Denise SA said...

That looks to be a great cheesecake. Your stash is lovely too. Hope the rest of your trip goes well

angel parker said...

Lovely stitching and you have some great stash! The cheesecake looks super! I love cheesecake!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is a HUGE amount of new stash! Lucky girl! Love your chocolate shoppe finish and it looks just fine the way it is. :)

SoCal Debbie said...

Wow, Vicky! That's a TON of stash you got at the retreat! I need to find my way to one of those retreats some day! Congrats on your Chocolate Shoppe finish. It will look great in your kitchen! The cheesecake looks fantastic. YUM!

Anonymous said...

Your picture looks very nice and I did not see the mistake until you mentioned it.

That is a lot of stash you got at your retreat.

Marl

mdgtjulie said...

Ooooooooh, lots of pretty new stash. Grats on the acquisitions, and on the progress. Oh, and on the finish too. Good job!! As for mistakes, I say fudge all you like. (I can't seem to count lately either.) Glad to hear that you're enjoying your trip. I'll bet the retreat was fabulous!! You go, girl!

Faith... said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful time! And look at all that stash...you are gonna be busy for a while with that :)

Love your finish - I think it looks great and your UFO is cute; can't wait to see that one finished.

EvalinaMaria said...

Lovely stash and lovely stitching. The cake looks so yummy! May I have a recipe?