Pages

21 September 2010

Good-bye Summer!


Summer by The Stitcherhood

Today was the last day of summer. It was a perfect day, the sun was out with white fluffy clouds and a cool breeze that lightly touched your skin. It was so beautiful. My father and brother went fishing, so I took advantage of the quiet house and stripped my bed and washed the sheets and comforter. My bed is going to smell very fresh when I go to bed tonight. I just love fresh sheets. I do have a few finishes I can show off, including Summer by The Stitcherhood. It is a freebie you can get on their website. The fabric is a hand-dyed aida. Someone had send me the piece in one of my exchanges before I started blogging. The threads are DMC 995 and 996 with Weeks Dye Works Banana Popsicle. I am going to finish it as a pin pillow, like I did with Spring.
My Country by Lizzie Kate
I did finish Lizzie Kate My Country. I love how it came out. This was a kit I brought at Silver Needle in Tulsa, when I was there in 2008. I used the DMC threads instead of the speciality threads. I am going to frame the piece, just did not get to it yet.
Skate by Count My Blessings

I finished Berly's Christmas ornament RR. This little bird is from Count My Blessings. It was a very quick stitch. It had flown to the next person and visiting her, lol. I just hope Berly loves it as much as I loved stitching it. Sorry the picture is so dark, I think I didn't use a flash.

I hoped everyone had enjoyed the last day of summer. I have to go stitch a Christmas ornament for an exchange as I watch the results of Dancing With The Stars.

Many hugs,
Vicky

13 comments:

Shari said...

everything looks great Vicky!!! Oh, how I love fresh sheets too!! Especially if I can hang them out on the clothes line!!!!!

Emily in NC said...

Everything looks great, really like the fabric for the summer piece. Just great.

Nancy M said...

All great pieces! We had 88 degrees today in MI! What a great way to end the summer.

Anne Sans Tete said...

I love the Summer fabric! It's basically summer here all year round, so I will miss autumn & winter more than summer!

- Lisa N.

Mylene said...

Lovely finishes and i really like the color of the fabric you have used for the summer freebie.

Joy said...

Great finishes!! The fabby for the Summer freebie is perfect. The LK piece is cute.

Berly said...

I do love it, Vicky, I do!! And, I love fresh sheets too!

MaryT said...

Really nice stitching Vicky!

Mary Louise

blueladie said...

Great finishes Vicky. Thanks for sharing the pics and your description of the summer day was wonderful. I could almost 'experience' it. :) Cathryn

Unknown said...

Wonderful Stitches! I love fresh sheets too! :)

Debra said...

Nice finishes.

Mel said...

Lovely stitching Vicky.

Carolyn NC said...

Lovely stitching!