Pages

05 November 2011

Stitching and Gifts




I got there lovely gifts from Lisa S for Falling into Halloween exchange on the  Stitched with Love blog.  I LOVE the  cat ornament and the back of it is a little heart charm saying  Made for you.  The wooden box is going fun to paint before next Halloween.  The bats are so cute and I have used a couple already.  The fabric is adorable and I can't wait to start the pattern and ribbons.  Thank you Lisa! You put a lot of thought in my gifts and I appreciate it very much.





 The  two pictures above is what I put together for my partner, Jen.  I had Colleen to email Jen asking her favorite Halloween candy was, and I put a Halloween tin can with Hersheys bars, Reese's peanut butter cups, and Sweet tarts. I gave the rest to my brother, well the Sweet tarts at least, lol. I stitched Punpkin Kat from Bette Ashley in the Simply Cross Stitch Magazine, No 37, 1997.  I wanted to do it in the ornament but it came out too big.  I added Glendon Place  Witch Parking Only, the fabric that was recommended, a few hand dyed threads, stickers, needles, and a pair of socks.  




I made this Witch's Hat by The Stitchworks in the Just Cross Stitch Halloween issue.  I made a couple of  changes, I used gold metallic thread for the stars instead of the orange (didn't have any) and use one of the bats I got from Lisa.  I made it into an ornament and added a gold bead hanger. It was for Vickie H for the ILCSing Halloween Ornament exchange.  I almost kept it for myself.  I like how it came out and Vickie likes it.
 This is Witchy Brew by Witchy Stitches.  It was stitched on 30 count linen and used WDW Lavender for the words. Both the pattern and fabric came from Cape May at my retreat.  I added one of my new bats.  Did I tell you I like the bats a lot?  This one is for me for a chance.
 This lovely needle book is from Denise of UK, sometimes in Saudia Arabia,lol. It was for the Autumn Exchange in the ILCS group.   I love it.  She did a great job.  The below picture is the inside of the needle book.   Thank you Denise! I am waiting for  my partner to get my exchange, than I can show it off. 


As I was writing about the snow, the mail came in and I got a package from my Secret Penpal.  She  sent two mini Christmas ornament and a beautiful Thanksgiving post card.    Next month I get to find out who my penpal is, and I can't wait. I have no idea who it is.  

Until next time,
Vicky

17 comments:

Meari said...

Nice exchanges, Vicky!

Linda said...

Great stitching and exchanges Vicky. I love it all.

Linda

Daniela said...

So much beautiful stitching. Lovely exchanges.

-Daniela

Berly said...

Wow, great exchanges!

Claudette497 said...

What great mail you get! I love bats too!

Katrien said...

great exchanges Vicky!

Anonymous said...

Wow you sure did great with these exchanges. Your finished pieces look great.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Vickie said...

So glad you sent me the ornament Vicky! Love all the other exchanges!

Carolyn NC said...

Great exchanges and stitching!

Lisa S said...

I am so glad that you like the exchange I sent you Vicky :) I really enjoyed making the pin pillow for you. It actually came out the way I wanted it too lol
You've sent & received some great exchanges and I love the pieces you stitched as well.

Jackie said...

You have some really wonderful looking things Vicky.

Mel said...

Love that autumn one you got!
The stitching is all fabulous, what great gifts. :)

Debbie said...

Bautiful stitching and wonderful exchanges!!

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, Vicky, what great pics. Everything looks good, whether you made it yourself, or received it. Grats on the great exchanges! And I love your Halloween ornie!.

Anne Sans Tete said...

I love the Brittercup Halloween cat from Lisa- it's so cute! Might stitch the Christmas one for the boyfriend.

I also love the Falling Leaves needlebook. I really like that pattern. The freebie gallery has pics from someone who used it to make a biscornu.

Lisa N. in Cambodia

Angie said...

What lovely stuff! I just love Halloween

Sierra

Jennifer M. said...

Vicky!

I found you finally! Did you ever get my e-mail thanking you for the awesome Halloween package you sent me? I was worried you didn't get it. I didn't want you thinking I was ungrateful for the awesome items you sent me. You really outdid yourself. It felt like Christmas morning opening my box of goodies. I just loved everything. You are a thoughtful sweetheart.

Thank you so much. :)
Jen