Pages

18 December 2011

Gifts!


The first two pictures are the last two days of the 12 Days of Christmas, Days 11 ans 12. On the11th ay, I got Glade Apple cinnamon candle, oil candles, and wall plug-ins.  They smell so good.  My Dad thought  I  was making an apple pie.  On the12th day, I got a very lovely kit.  It is very beautiful and I hope I can start it soon. Thank you Elizabeth for all the gifts you had send me.


These gifts are from my Secret Penpal I have been posting  since August.  This package I got a snowmen stocking,  stuffed snowbaby, Santa chocolate, a few skeins of DMC threads, an ornament, fabric postcard, crossstitch ornament kit, Santa felt kit, and socks.  My penpal is Norma from Creativity Has No Limits blog.  Don't you love her blog title?  She is a mixed-media artist and her blog is fabulous. Check it out.  It has been wonderful getting to know
Norma and looking forward reading her blog in the future and following her creativity.  Thank you Norma!

Snow by Shephard's Bush, threads and button, Peace ornament


I joined a Christmas exchange in my Pens and Needles group. I got stuck on a RR, and it took me awhile to finish it, which got me behind on my exchanges. I got my package from my partner, Lynda, a week ago.  I felt guilty not sending my package out in time, I didn't open it right away.  Today I decided to open it, since I send out my partner's package yesterday.  Oh wow, I was spoiled!  I got a stitched ornament, Snow from Shephard's Bush, which was on my wish list, plus the threads and button that goes with it, ribbons, ric-rack, green, red,and white threads, monthly planner, red and green fat quarters fabrics,buttons, hot  cocoa, a list pad and stationary kit  (pad, journal and a pen.) Thank  you Lynda!

Yesterday was Dad's birthday.  I was up at 7 am, baked  him a carrot  cake, his favorite and homemade ravioli, 234 of them! Yes, I counted them and all done by hand, no machines.  It took me about 13 hours it do, including cleaning.  I leave in ten days to Virginia and  I have so much to do before than.  I  have to finish crocheting a scarf, stitch 2 ornaments, organize my projects for the Crazy January Challenge, and WIPs/UFOs challenge, bake  cookies, and some last minute shopping. Oh and the wrapping and finish decorating. I didn't even start! The tree is up but the cards are not. I am still getting some everyday. 

hugs, Vicky

6 comments:

Meari said...

Nice exchange packages. Wow, 234?! Happy Belated Birthday to your Dad.

Pam said...

Geepers you exchange gifts are fantastic Vicky.. You're so loved and so appreciated..
As Mearie said Happy Belated Birthday to your Pop.

Faith... said...

Wow...that was a lot of ravioli! :) Hope he enjoyed it.

Love your 12 days of Christmas gifts.

Anne Sans Tete said...

Great gifts, Vicky!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Vicky,
I am back home from a short vacation. That is why you didn't hear from me. Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Mine was very nice. So happy you liked my gifts to you! Having you as my Secret Pen Pal was fun. I will check your blog from now on and hope you do the same. Keep well and hugs

Vickie said...

Great exchange. I understand about getting stuck on an RR!